THE PUBLISHING PROCESS
We would like to encourage you to pursue the vision God has given you to write. You have successfully taken the first step toward bringing your vision to fruition. There are lots of publishing options and we appreciate you taking the time to consider Christian Living Books (CLB). We are dedicated to producing books that strengthen, encourage, train, and minister to the Body of Christ. Our team has published works by T. D. Jakes, Myles Munroe, Donnie McClurkin, and Juanita Bynum, to name a few. CLB has also worked with many first-time authors. We will be available to guide you, step-by-step, through the publishing process to ensure a positive publishing experience. CLB will also deliver an excellent product that will glorify God and make you proud. We have the skill, the experience and the anointing to pull the very best manuscript from you and perfect it.
- Begin by deciding on the binding you want for your book: paperback or hardcover. Hardcover books can be case bound or linen with a dust jacket.
- Decide whether or not you want black text on white/cream paper for the pages of your book or an upgrade to full color pages. Full color pages are best for children’s books and cook books.
- Format your manuscript to submit one file, not a separate file for each chapter.
- Fill out the Author Questionnaire and attach your manuscript.
- Once your manuscript is reviewed and accepted for publication, we will send you a contract that lays out all the details.
- Schedule an initial consultation to conceptualize the project, overall. We assess your needs and desires and provide guidance and suggestions for the success of the project. We also discuss any special needs the project has, like artwork or photos you want to include. We address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Typically, books are produced within 2 – 3 months. Your part in speeding up the process is to provide a clean manuscript and to return the proofs and drafts in a timely fashion. You may also opt for rush service and have your book in hand in 45 days or less.
- If you purchased our editing services, we begin editing your manuscript. You will receive an edited draft for approval.
- Your custom book cover is designed. Several choices are submitted for your feedback.
- Typesetting of the pages begins.
- We send you the First Draft of your manuscript and a Book Cover Proof for approval. If changes are requested to the First Draft, we make them and then submit a Final Draft.
- Once the Final Draft and Proof is approved, your book goes to press. The printer sends a final proof to us for approval and then the book gets printed and made available for distribution, worldwide.
- Decide on the number of copies you would like to order for yourself, family, friends, church, and speaking engagements. Refer to the Author Discount schedule to ascertain the price you will need to pay for each book. The more books you order, the less you have to pay for each book. Once you place an order for your book, it is shipped directly to you or to the venue you specify.
- When direct customers or bookstores place an order for your book, it is automatically printed via POD in a small run or even a single copy. Your book is packaged and mailed directly to the buyer.
- You pay a small annual fee for digital storage. You may order additional copies whenever you like and there is never a minimum or maximum order. You may also convert your title to an eBook or schedule a traditional press run if you ever need 1,000 copies at once.
Congratulations! Your dream is now a reality!
ARE YOU READY TO START?
We would love to welcome you in the Christian Living Books family. Take the next step on your publishing journey. Tell us a little about yourself and your book project.