THE PUBLISHING PROCESS
- You should begin by deciding on the format or binding you want for your book: paperback/perfect binding/soft cover or hardback with a dust jacket. Next decide whether or not you want the traditional black text on white/cream paper or a book with full color pages. Full color pages are best for children’s books and cook books.
- Next, make an initial budget. This enables you to gather the resources you need to make your project a success. All payments for the POD program are to be submitted with the signed contract.
- Format your manuscript according to our specifications. Make a copy of your file and print three copies of the manuscript—two to submit and one to keep for yourself. We will not typeset your book according to the specifications above, that’s just for manuscript submission. Your book will have an interior design not just a Times New Roman font.
- Schedule an initial consultation to conceptualize the project overall. We assess your needs and desires and provide guidance and suggestions for the success of the project. We also discuss any special needs the project has, like artwork or photos you want to include. They require additional work and increase overall cost. We address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Once your manuscript is reviewed and accepted for publication, we will send you a contract that lays out all the details.
- Typically, books are produced within 2 – 3 months. Your part in speeding up the process is to provide a clean manuscript and to return the proofs and drafts in a timely fashion. You may also opt for rush service and have your book in hand in 45 days or less.
- If you purchased our editing services, we begin editing your manuscript. In a short time, you will receive an edited draft for approval. Simultaneously, your book cover is designed and typesetting begins. We send you the First Draft of your manuscript and a Book Cover Proof for approval. If there are any changes requested to the First Draft, we make them and then supply a Final Draft.
- Once the Final Draft and Proof is approved, your book goes to press. The printer sends a final proof to us for approval and then the book gets printed and made available for digital distribution worldwide.
- Decide on the number of copies you would like to order for yourself, family, friends, church, and speaking engagements. Refer to the Author Discount Schedule to ascertain the price you will need to pay for each book. The more books you order, the less you have to pay for each book. Once you place an order for your book, it is shipped directly to you or to the venue you specify.
- When direct customers or bookstores place an order for your book, it is automatically printed via POD in a small run or even a single copy. Your book is packaged and mailed directly to the buyer.
- You pay a small annual fee for digital storage. You may order additional copies whenever you like and there is never a minimum or maximum order. You may also convert your title to an e-Book or schedule a tradtional press run if you ever need 1,000 copies at once.
Congratulations! Your dream is now a reality.
Are you ready to start? Submit your manuscript now!
ARE YOU READY TO START?
We would love to welcome you in the Christian Living Books family. Take the next step on your publishing journey. Tell us a little about yourself and your book project.